Corn, a new food… for me at least!

September 24, 2009 —

1209908_hot_corn_

Before moving to Des Moines, I thought I could avoid eating corn. (Can’t say it’s on my favorite vegetable list.) But gee, corn really is everywhere and it has finally invaded my home! I mean, I like candied corn, popcorn and corn dogs, but not regular ‘ole corn on the cob.

These Iowans really convinced me to try corn the old B&B way, “Boiled and Buttered.” So I got suckered in and am totally enjoying sweet corn! I’ve kicked it up a notch and dress it up with cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic salt.

How do you make your corn on the cob?

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.