Summer podiatry preview program

The 2009 Summer Podiatry Preview group!
The 2009 Summer Podiatry Preview group with their DMU advisors and Cubbie Bear!

Last spring we invited interested students to apply for 6 available spots in the Summer Podiatry Preview, and imagine how impressed we were to receive nearly 60 applications!

This new program is a 2-day preview for college students interested in learning more about podiatric medicine as a possible career choice.

We welcomed our 6 students to Des Moines last week for the first session and gave them an in-depth look at DMU. The students experienced all of our labs – Simulation, Anatomy, Surgery, HPL, SPAL and Research. They also learned how to suture, shadowed in the Foot and Ankle Institute, met current students and faculty, explored downtown Des Moines, cheered on our Iowa Cubs at a baseball game, dined at Jordan Creek Town Center, and on and on.

I certainly kept them busy during their visit, and their level of enthusiasm was impressive.We were pleased to offer an experience of this kind to prospective students, and hope to make it an annual event. If you’re interested in getting info about this program for next year, leave a comment below!

5 responses to “Summer podiatry preview program

1. I am very interested in podiatric medicine. I am currently attending Abilene Christian University with my emphasis in Pre-Med. Please send me more information about your Summer Podiatry Preview and your podiatric graduate program.
    Thank You!

2. I was saddened to hear of Dr. Pagliano’s pasnsig, he was my podiatrist for many years and part of my Diabetic Dream Team . He saved my feet on more then one occasion I will miss his kind, compassionate and caring way, I will miss his incredible and phenomenal talent and his expertise in Diabetic Foot Care, and his dedication and commitment to the medical profession, the community and his patients. My condolences to his wife, daughter and brother my prayers and that of our family are with you, take comfort in your wonderful memories of him. Love ya Dr. P rest in peace. Suellen