Medical school grading system?

I found this interesting article (requires free registration) about one medical school that changed their grading system to pass/fail and the results are encouraging. Take a look at how students rate their psychological health, their satisfaction with the quality of their medical education and their personal life. So do you think DMU should also adopt this grading system? I vote yes to psychological well-being!

2 responses to “Medical school grading system?

1. As far as conversion of grading systems is concerned, several leading law schools are also retooling their grading policies, with some institutions making major revisions and others merely tweaking their systems. Harvard Law School and Stanford Law School, for example, are switching from the traditional grade and letter policies to pass/fail systems. At the same time, New York University School of Law now allows professors to give more A’s. And some institutions, such as Columbia Law School, are reviewing their grading systems to see whether they need updating.

I work in the field of online schools or online learning, and I believe that we need upgradations in our grading systems. I am not sure about this change but I welcome new dimensions. If everyone is adopting it, it’ll be aeasy to figure it out whether this works or not.