Good eats

March 2, 2009 —

If you read my blog entries even on a semi-regular basis, you’ll realize I’m pretty food-obsessed. Can’t help it – there’s just so many yummy things to eat around here!

So I was super excited to hear about a new downtown place that wasn’t your typical chain restaurant eatery. Fong’s Pizza is a combo of Asian & Italian. Egg rolls stuffed with pizza toppings – pizza rolls. Pizza with hoisin, Szechuan or Thai peanut sauce and a whole array of toppings. It’s sooo yummy. My husband & I devoured an order of pizza rolls and a taco pizza. Next time I’m there, I’ll be trying the desserts. They also have some fun tropical drinks. 

Other morsels of food news:

If you want to know where to eat &/or drink on St. Patty’s day, check out the Register’s guide.

Want a list of good metro-area places to eat out with a group? Check out this guide!

If you have children, check this list out for places with free or cheap kids meals!

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.