What are you doing for spring break?

February 6, 2009 —

I am going to El Salvador for a medical service trip with 13 other DMU students and oodles of supporting faculty and community members. This is DMU’s second time going to El Salvador. Last year, they served about 2500 people in the community. I am so excited about this opportunity! There are many opportunities available for us through DMU’s Global Health Department. They even support students financially in part.

Refer to Jonathan Thompson’s post about El Salvador. He will be going again this year so I can trust that we will have a great time serving the El Salvadorians.

Also, I hear there is a presidential election occurring during the time we visit, so I hope to be able to catch the action. I will be back with pictures at the end of March. Stay tuned!

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.