A typical school day – in case you were wondering

January 6, 2009 —

Alarm goes off at 6:45 a.m.
Breakfast at 7 a.m.
Off to school by 7:30 a.m.
Class from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (including a lunch meeting).

We’re back in school and I’m entering my second semester of my second year in podiatry school. Today, we had lectures on biomechanics (analysis of foot pathology based on walking patterns, so cool!) and one lecture in behavioral medicine (one of my favorite subjects of all time – refer to any readings by Dr. Oliver Sacks). I think we’re off on a good start.

Six hours later, class was let out and I freed my aching bum by going to our beautiful gym. I spent an hour in the gym room stretching and choreographing for the upcoming Chinese New Year Celebration (we’ll be performing the evening of Jan. 28). Then another hour rehearsing with students and the day was quickly over.

On the way home, I grabbed some roasted chicken from the supermarket and ate dinner at 6 p.m. with my fiancée. Then I showered and briefly reviewed some study material. I think I’m going to stop studying (and stop blogging) by 9 p.m. and give myself an hour of me time before I nod off to sleep.

I’ve found the Internet is a very distracting place for me so I am working on my New Year’s Resolution — wasting less time surfing the internet (especially Facebook).

And here comes tomorrow…

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.