Halloween stinks!

October 30, 2008 —

Contrary to what you might think what the title means, Halloween is actually one of my favorite holidays.

It’s so fun to see how creative people get with their costumes. Being a bit frugal, I decided to make an economical costume that I could re-use after Halloween. I decided that my boyfriend and I should be skunks this year and you don’t really need much for the costume.

To my surprise, I got a lot of compliments about it when we went to dinner at Appare (the half-off sushi discount with costume was my incentive to dress up this year). It was a makeshift costume consisting of a lot of safety pins, a strip of white fabric and a black sweater (re-usable!). It’s been a long time since I’ve worn a costume for Halloween but I think I’ve found a way to make it affordable to dress up. I might even re-use the skunk outfit and be road kill next year! I had a lot of fun with my friends at dinner last night and we were definitely the stink of the party, but in a good way. 

I hope your Halloween doesn’t stink!

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.