(Des Moines, Iowa) – Sunday, Aug. 14 is Des Moines University (DMU) Day at the Iowa State Fair. Plan to stop by the DMU booth anytime throughout the day to join in a variety of fun and educational activities to entertain adults and kids alike.
The following activities will be available at the booth, which is located on the Grand Concourse, just northeast of the Des Moines Register’s Service Center.
• Free Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) treatments from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Free picture taken with “Mr. Bones” the skeleton
• Bean bag toss, with a chance to win swishy splatter hearts to gross out parents and siblings
• Health quiz for adults, with a chance to win a pedometer
• Giveaways, including sunscreen packets, first aid kits, pencils, hand sanitizer and emergency contact magnets
• Informational publications and brochures about DMU’s medical and health sciences programs
In addition, DMU medical students, faculty and clinicians will be providing free blood pressure, body fat and body mass index screenings at the Farm Bureau Park, located just east of the Varied Industries Building, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 13 and Sunday, Aug. 14.