|Awards and honors|
NAHQ Fellowship, National Association for Healthcare Quality
Alumni of the Year, Des Moines University
|Areas of Expertise|
|Professional Organizations, Committees and Boards|
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative, Partnerships for Patients, Lean in Iowa Hospitals, September 2013
- Iowa Department of Public Health FLEX Grant, Quality Management and Leadership Development, Central Community Hospital, September 2012 – October 2013, $5,800 funded
- Iowa Public Health Association, Strategic Planning Grant, Strategic Planning events with up to 99 counties across Iowa, September 2012, $6600 funded
- Iowa Department of Public Health, FLEX Grant, four Critical Access Hospitals Leadership Training, May to August 2012, $5,800 funded
- Iowa Department of Public Health, FLEX Grant, four Critical Access Hospitals Baldrige Board Training, May to August 2011, $18,800 funded
- Iowa Department of Public Health, Central Community Hospital, Organizational Strategic Planning, 2010, $4200 funded
- Iowa Foundation for Medical Care, Cedar Rapids Healthcare Alliance, Lean in a Community, 2008 to present, $25,000 funded
- Federal Communication Commission, Interconnection of Healthcare Organizations across Iowa, partnership between Iowa Hospital Association, Iowa Public Health and Iowa Connection Network, 2007, $17 Million funded
- Langford, D. and Pavelka, S. (2012). Tool Time for Lean. Molt, Montana: Langford Learning, Inc.
- Levett, J., Pavelka, S., Schwarting, L., Werling, J.; Standardizing Processes at the Community Level Using Lean Principles, Group Practice Journal, April 2009.
Presentations and Posters:
- Numerous presentations in Iowa, Nationally, and Internationally on Organizational Development, Operations Management, Leadership, and Strategic Planning.