| Office Phone|| 515-271-1060|
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant Certificate of Completion, Des Moines University, Des Moines, Iowa
- Nursing, Iowa Methodist School of Nursing, Des Moines, IA
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
|Area of Expertise||Clinical Practice:|
- Physical Exam and Diagnosis
- Clinical Prevention Laboratory Medicine
- Clinical Patient Assessment
- Clinical Skills
- Global Health
- Clinical Coordinator for 2nd year PA students
|Professional Organizations, Committees and Boards|
- American Lung Association of Iowa Leadership Board of directors
- Iowa Physician Assistant Society—Member and multiple terms as president
- Chair, IPAS Spring Continuing Education Program Committee
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Student Association of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (SAAAPA)—Faculty Advisor
- Global Health Provider and Preceptor
- Assist with the church youth group, meeting weekly
- PAEA test writing sub-committee for end of rotation exams
- Annually supervise students in community health events:
- school sports physicals (Stewart, Greenfield, St. Anthony’s Catholic School and Jumpstart physicals),
- bone density/COPD screening at different health fair events (Iowa State Fair, Polk City, Iowa CareGiver’s Conference, DMU Senior Health Fair, National Pork Producers)
- flu shot clinics at Bilgi’s Children’s Clinic,
- Iowa Lung Association- walk and stair climb and Affinity Credit Union Health fair.
- Assist in the DMU Wellness department with health screenings of students and faculty.
Awards and honors
2009 – Governor’s Volunteer Award. Recognized for outstanding service to the State of Iowa for volunteer work with the American Lung Association of Iowa.
2009 – Pi Alpha Honors Society inductee.
2011 – Des Moines University- Faculty Service Award