- Blood pressure screenings, Des Moines University, wellness center, 2015 to present
- Junior Achievement’s Biztown, Des Moines, Iowa, 2019
- Health professions presentation, Prairie Trail Elementary, 2019
- Meals from the Heartland, Des Moines University, 2018
- Blood pressure screenings, Iowa State Fair, 2006, 2016, 2018
- YMCA Ankeny Annual Fundraiser, 2015 to 2017
- Career Connections, Ankeny Parkview Middle School, 2014, 2015
- Guest speaker at diabetic group session, Mercy North, 2013, 2014
- Informational session on concussions to baseball youth, 2012
- Vision screenings, Westwood Elementary, 2011
- Polk County lead program preschool presentations, 2007
- Bone density screenings, DMU Senior Health Fair, 2005, 2006
- Sports physicals, vision screenings, Slater, IA, 2006
- Social activities volunteer, Wesley Acres, 2005, 200
Graduate Council, Des Moines University, member, 2019
- Review and make recommendations on university academic policies and procedures pertaining to any course of study leading to an academic credential, as appropriate.
- Review internal academic program review documents and make recommendations.
- Review and make recommendations on new academic program proposals.
College of Health Sciences Faculty Organization, Des Moines University, Faculty Chairperson-Elect, 2019
- Preside over CHS faculty meetings, in Chairperson’s absence.
- Represent CHS faculty at Deans’/Directors’ meetings.
Faculty Leadership Council, Des Moines University, member, 2019
- Facilitate optimal communication between colleges, between faculty and administration, support services, and other University entities.
- Work with existing Faculty Organizations and various college committees in addressing the needs of faculty and their respective colleges.
- Provide a forum for faculty input on drafting, reviewing, and implementing University policies.
- Promote and otherwise assist with the development of interdisciplinary initiatives.
Academic Logistics and Planning Team (ALPT), Des Moines University, member, 2015 to present
- Review logistical effects of curricula delivery on the institution’s students.
- Review the impact courses may have on other courses across Programs.
- Identification of optimal academic resource management strategies.
- Make recommendations to the Faculty Organization, Programs, and Administration, and other groups as appropriate, regarding the implementation of university-wide academic initiatives.
- Assist with the development of university-wide academic resources and tools/instruments.
Physician Assistant Program Academic Progress Committee (APC), Des Moines University, Chair, 2016 to present
- Monitor PA student academic progress and affective behaviors.
- Communicate between students and the committee.
- Make decisions and recommendations to the dean.
Ultrasound Taskforce, Des Moines University, 2017 to present
- Represent PA program in the development of a university-wide ultrasound curriculum.
Spring CME Conference Committee, Iowa Physician Assistant Society (IPAS), member, 2017 to present
- Organize and facilitate the annual Spring CME conference in West Des Moines, IA.