In order to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus, DMU has implemented the following measures:
- DMU requires that everyone must wear a face covering when in interior public spaces.
- All course work will be delivered remotely for the remainder of the spring term.
- All in-person events are canceled through June 30.
- Campus buildings will only be accessible with a DMU badge ID.
- The Wellness Center is closed.
At this time, there are no reported cases of coronavirus on Des Moines University’s campus.
Osteopathic Self-Treatment to Promote Health and the Body’s Ability to Fight COVID-19
For those at risk of infection or already testing positive for COVID-19, osteopathic self-treatment can promote optimal breathing and circulation to support the function of the immune and nervous systems. Watch the video and learn more.
From Our Own
DMU in the Media
- Des Moines ER doc (Dr. Benzoni) sees more patients with COVID-19 and awaits his own test results
- Arizona health care hero (Gregory Margolin, D.O.'97) heads to New York to fight COVID-19
- Kinyon, D.O.'02 serves patients at epicenter of pandemic
- Arthur Wittich, D.O.’71: 81-Year-Old Veteran Answers Army's Call for Retired Medical Professionals to Help With Coronavirus Outbreak
- Dustin Arnold, D.O.’96, helps lead coronavirus response from the hospital where he was born
- Dr. Angela L. Walker Franklin: Leading in times of challenge
- Kenneth Anderson Jr., D.O.’78, M.S., CPE: Every Great Crisis Creates Opportunity for Leadership
- Jeneane Moody, M.P.H. in the Des Moines Register: For National Public Health Week, a perspective on lessons from COVID-19
- Dr. Crosbie on PBS' Iowa Press: Coronavirus Special
- Dr. Benzoni in the Des Moines Register: ER doctor shares his thoughts about COVID-19 with Iowans