DMU’s facilities are maintained to fulfill our academic and health care mission primarily funded by students’ tuition and fees. When space is available, we are pleased to offer it to groups to conduct meetings, events or educational sessions that support our mission of education, health care, research and community service.
You may complete the room reservation request below, although completion does not guarantee a reservation. Your request will be reviewed by the Scheduling Coordinator based upon the provisions in the University’s room use policy. The Scheduling Coordinator shall respond to your request within five (5) business days.
Administrative fees, security fees, and room use fees are charged to cover direct costs only. The Scheduling Coordinator’s response will include a list of applicable fees and the fees will be detailed in the executed contract.
For more information, read our Room Use Policy.
Requirements for consideration
- DMU facilities may only be used for events related to the University’s mission, vision, and values.
- Due to space and parking restraints, DMU facilities are not available to outside groups during the academic year, Monday – Friday, 8-5 p.m.
- Outside events cannot be booked more than 180 days in advance.
- Additional charges may apply for events that require additional time for set up or tear down.
- Events not permitted include, but are not limited to, social events (i.e. birthday parties, wedding receptions, baby showers, etc.), political campaigns and meetings involving the promotion or sale of a specific product.
- DMU reserves the right to cancel reservations with thirty (30) days’ notice if unanticipated student/university needs arise. DMU shall work with the organization to transition an event to a new location.
Questions? Contact Us
If you have any questions, please contact the Scheduling Coordinator at 515-271-1628 or Julie.Hill@dmu.edu.
You may also contact Sue Huppert, Chief of External and Governmental Affairs or Hanna de Geest, Community and Public Affairs Manager with other questions.