Des Moines University Foot and Ankle is one of the largest and most experienced group of podiatric physicians in the state. We offer comprehensive medical and surgical care of the foot and ankle including a number of clinical and diagnostic services.
Our practice includes a number of focused areas of care including:
- Common foot and ankle conditions (including but not limited to bunions, heel pain, ingrown toenails, warts, skin nail and soft tissue disorders)
- Foot and ankle surgery and deformity correction
- Prevention and treatment of diabetic related foot problems
- Fracture management
- Sports and running related injuries
- Custom orthotic (inserts) and prosthetic management using the latest scanning technology
- Comprehensive ulcer and wound management related to diabetes, edema, venous insufficiency and poor circulation
The Human Performance lab applies the latest technology to assess and evaluate musculoskeletal disorders using computerized motion analysis equipment.
X-rays, bone density and other radiologic diagnostic tests are available to assist your physician in making a diagnosis.
We also can evaluate the status of your circulation and refer to a vascular specialist if necessary.
Physical therapy services are also available at the Des Moines University Clinic.
Our doctors have privileges at all the area hospitals and many outpatient surgery facilities:
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
- Iowa Lutheran Hospital
- Mercy Medical Center
- Mercy West Lakes
- Methodist West Hospital