Mission statement: To support students to excel academically and faculty in their quest to improve and further develop their pedagogical knowledge and skills as teachers, scholars, and partners in educating our students to become highly competent and compassionate health professionals.
The Center for Academic Success and Enrichment (CASE) aims to assist DMU students with a broad range of student academic services and programs designed to help learners achieve their academic and personal goals. Students will be provided with individual and group opportunities needed to become successful, active learners. CASE strives to assist students in developing independent learning techniques that will contribute to their academic success and life-long learning skills.
Academic services offered
- Study strategies and test taking skills
- Learning styles
- Assessments for learning
- Materials to help advisors build skills for advising students
- How to identify individual learning styles
- Pairing students to peers with similar learning styles
Workshops and classes
- Promote academic and professional growth
- Small group sessions for academic success
- Student professional development to include skills in time management
More services to come
Peer tutoring program
- Identifying and training tutors
- Follow-up and recomendations
- Spot checking
- Support and accommodations for students identified with learning disabilities
- Testing areas and online writing resources
- Learning styles for newly admitted students
- Student panels
Please email appointment requests to email@example.com.
Other DMU resources