Des Moines University is pleased to offer DMU Preview events for the DPM, DPT and PA programs. These unique one-day events are designed for highly qualified prospective students and applicants to the aforementioned programs to have the opportunity to learn more about DMU, meet faculty and staff, tour our facilities, and engage with DMU on an intimate level. Each preview event will accept up to 15 participants and an application is required.
How do I qualify for the program?
To qualify for the program, applicants are required to have an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 as well as a strong interest in applying to their selected program.
How do I apply for the program?
You must submit the following items to apply for a DMU Preview event:
- Online application
- Personal statement – may be uploaded with application, or emailed to DMUadmit@dmu.edu
- Resume – may be uploaded with application, or emailed to DMUadmit@dmu.edu
- Unofficial transcript from all colleges/universities attended – may be uploaded with application, or emailed to DMUadmit@dmu.edu
Deadlines vary by program:
- PA Preview – application deadline March 16
- DPT Preview – application deadline May 1
- DPM Preview – application deadline June 15
Will DMU help with expenses for travel to Des Moines?
Students are responsible for all travel and lodging arrangements and expenses. However, scholarship money may be available to help offset the cost. To apply for a scholarship, submit a short essay to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you want to attend a DMU Preview event and how attendance will benefit you.
Will this visit day benefit me as a future applicant?
The visit will provide you the opportunity to visit Des Moines University, tour our facilities, meet students, and discover if DMU is a good fit for your educational needs. Participants in the visit program will be given priority consideration in the application and admission process.
What activities should I expect?
Events for the day may include:
- Program overview with faculty
Discussion of curriculum, clinical and/or internship opportunities, board exams, job placement, residencies
- Admissions overview with admissions staff
Discussion of admission process, financial aid, student life, global health
- Lunch with current students
Q&A with current students
- Tour of lab facilities and campus
Specialized for your program of interest, and may include medical simulation labs, surgery skills lab, research labs, classroom spaces, library, Wellness Center
- Interview Day Preparation
In-depth discussion of the interview experience; including expectations, tips, and practice interview questions.
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com.