The Alumni Association is hosting the University’s sixth-annual 5K on Friday, September 5, 2014 with a 6 p.m. shotgun start. The route is below and features a 1.5-mile sprint down Grand Ave towards downtown where runners are met with a water station before the 1.6-mile hill back up Grand. It’s a challenging but exhilarating race and features beautiful views of historic homes and downtown buildings and sculpture park. Run DMU is teaming with The Open Road Chip Timing to offer runners a sport tag for precise timing. Runners will also receive a race bib, dry-fit t-shirt, and food and drinks following the event. Professional photos will be taken during the race.
Start training now for the best local 5K and stay tuned for more details on shirt design, registration discounts, and prizes. Proceeds from Run DMU will support the DMU Fund, an investment toward the quality education provided at Des Moines University. It’s a great way to make a difference!
There’s a way for everyone to be involved with Run DMU. We have four sponsorship levels ranging from $250 to $2,500, and annually we work with local businesses to provide in-kind contributions of prizes and services for the race. Questions about sponsoring Run DMU? Call 515-271-1701 or email email@example.com.
- Overall, best male and female
- Youth (12 and under), best male and female
- Youth (13-17), best male and female
- 18-23, best male and female
- 24-29, best male and female
- 30-49, best male and female
- 50+, best male and female
Student volunteers are needed between 4:30 and 7 p.m. on Friday, September 5, to assist with race registration, chip timing at the finish line, directing runners on the route, the water stop, or food distribution post-race. Volunteers will receive a free Run DMU shirt, lots of great food, and the satisfaction of knowing we couldn’t have pulled it off without them! Registration will stop at 30 volunteers.
- Thursday, September 4, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Student Education Center (Alumni Court)
- Friday, September 5, 4-5:30 p.m. at the information table at the finish line (north lawn of the Student Education Center)