OMM Techniques for Neck and Upper Back Myofascial Pain
Jose S. Figueroa, D .O. Diplomat AOBPM&R, FAAPM&R
Drew Lewis, D.O. Diplomat AOBPM&R, AAPM&R
Compounded Topical Creams for Pain Management
Jim Perry, R.Ph.
|1 p.m.||OMM Hands-On Experience in the OMM LabJose Figueroa, D.O. and Drew Lewis , D.O.|
|3 p.m.||IaPMR Business Meeting|
Dr. Figueroa and Dr. Lewis indicated no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Perry indicated he is a consultant for PCCA and is a self-managed stock holder for District Drugs and Compounding Center.
1. Learn about causes and clinical features of Myofascial Pain.
2. Discuss the Essential Clinical Criteria for Active TrP and the treatment options.
3. Discuss the treatment options for ANY TrP.
4. Learn hands on techniques via an OMT workshop on Myofascial Pain.
IaPMR members. This conference is only open to osteopathic and allopathic physicians.
Each participant’s body must be accessible for observation. Please refrain from wearing large or sharp jewelry. No jeans please.
- Women: Sports top or close fitting T-shirts, and shorts or sweats.
- Men: Shorts or sweats and T-shirts.
- All: Warm-up suits or other clothing worn over the above described attire is advised to ensure comfort between demonstrations, as temperatures may vary in the room.
Free to IaPMR members and physicians. $30 for non-IaPMR members.
Continuing medical education
AOA: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to present continuing medical education programs for physicians. Des Moines University designates this activity for a maximum of 4.0 hours of AOA Category 1-A CME credits.
Other: Certificates of participation will be awarded for a maximum of 4.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Educational grants are not being accepted for this activity.
DMU Continuing Medical Education
Des Moines University (DMU) prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all DMU sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the DMU CME Office at 515-271-1596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.