You do not need to register if attending at Des Moines University.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Discuss the signs and symptoms associated with coronary artery disease
- Recall the functional coronary anatomy
- Describe the steps of cardiac rehab
- Identify common complications status post cardiac surgery
- Assess patient who chief complaint is chest pain with shortness of breath
- Define goals of medical nutrition therapy
- Identify the coronary vasculature of the heart
- Understand the anatomy of the pain presentation
- Erin Nelson, RD, LD, Registered Dietitian, Des Moines University
- Donald Matz, PhD, Chair and professor – Anatomy, Professor – Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
- Bret Ripley, DO, Chairperson, Family Medicine, Des Moines University
- Julie Ronnebaum, MPT, DPT, GCS, Assistant professor – Doctor of Physical Therapy, Post-Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy, Des Moines University
Continuing education credit
MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with ACCME® Essential Areas and Elements and Iowa Medical Society (IMS) policies. Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
DO: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the guidelines from the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Des Moines University and the AOA Council on Continuing Medical Education approve this activity for 1.0 hour of AOA Category 1-A CME credit(s).
Nurse: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. Des Moines University (DMU) prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend DMU sponsored activities. If you have questions/concerns, please contact the DMU CME office at 515-271-1596 or email@example.com .