This week’s Friday Research Seminar Series will be hosted by the Master of Biomedical Sciences students. All faculty members and students are invited to attend.
The novel G Protein-Coupled Estrogen Receptor 1 modulates calcium efflux in the endothelium via direct interaction with Plasma Membrane Calcium ATPase.
- Recognize some important factors controlling vascular integrity
- Identify the existence and importance of the various estrogen receptors
- Identify the main components of calcium signaling in the endothelium
Degradation and Utilization of Complex Carbohydrates by the Trichomonads Trichomonas vaginalis and Trichomonas tenax
- Differentiate between the two species of trichomonads parasitic to humans
- Understand the importance of extracellular carbohydrate energy sources for maintenance of trichomonad infection
- Understand the complication introduced into this study by maltase activity in horse serum
Des Moines University (DMU) prohibits discrimination in employment, educational programs, and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend DMU sponsored events. If you have questions/concerns, please the DMU Continuing Medical Education office at 515-271-1596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.