During the three hour event, 75 community dwelling individuals attended and participated in the following:
- Balance screens, home safety checklist/discussion, and the activities-specific Balance Confidence questionnaire provided by D.P.T. students. These results were reviewed with each participant.
- Exercised during a 30 minute Tai Chi class and/or Chair Yoga class.
- Medication reviews and blood pressure screens by Drake University Pharmacy students.
- Obtained information regarding nutrition and the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Viewed a video on fall risk and exercise for prevention.
We also had a resource table with literature for companies in our area who did home modification, and community based exercise classes.