March 7, 20133/7/13 2 comments
Need a reason to rev up physically? DMU’s Wellness Manager Missy Gripp, M.S., can count the ways exercise improves your life. An AFAA group exercise instructor and NETA personal trainer, Missy offers the following reasons you should exercise:
1. Because it makes you feel confident
2. Because it helps you get stronger
3. Because exercise helps combat depression
4. Because you’ll feel proud of yourself
5. Because you have goals you want to reach
6. Because you want to move forward, not backward
7. Because it burns more calories than not working out
8. Because it improves your heart health
9. Because you want to be a good example to your kids
Last but not least, a fit body is a healthy body!
Working out should instead be called “playing,” because on top of all these benefits, it’s FUN. Enjoy!