November 23, 201211/23/12 0 comments
While shopping during Black Friday might not be the most conventional workout, traipsing through stores and walking to and from your car hauling bags of gifts and goodies can get the heart rate up.
Check out these key tips for hitting the stores like a pro on Black Friday from GottaBeMoblie.com:
- Preparation – Right now is the best time to start your research! Check out online ads and newspaper ads. Also, make sure you are getting a good deal, as many times retails pricing and savings are inflated. Some stores even price match their competitors, so check for that.
- Stick to a List – Make a list of what you need and avoid DISTRACTIONS! Distractions waste valuable shopping time that could be spent on items you “need”.
- “Act like you have been there before” – As you know, Black Friday usually involves several hours, if not all day of shopping. Be smart by taking a buddy, packing snacks (see recipe below), and dressing comfortably. (Ladies, leave your heels at home!)
- Do not settle – If you don’t get something you wanted do NOT just buy the next model or next logical solution. Resolve these problems at home online or at the next store sale. Many times people find themselves disappointed in the alternative purchase.
While getting deals and spreading holiday cheer during your shopping excursion, don’t forget to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. It’s also helpful to have a little snack stashed in your car to keep you going. Try this one out!
BLACK FRIDAY BANANA BREAD
3 very ripe bananas
½ cup honey
3 tablespoons expeller-pressed canola oil, plus a little more for oiling the loaf pan
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- Stir together the whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
- Blend the two mixtures and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, center is set.
Number of servings: 12; calories per serving: 199.8; fat: 0.7g; carb: 3.2g; fiber: 3.2g; protein: 3.0g
Here’s one more quick tip: strap on a pedometer while shopping this Black Friday and see how many steps you take while snagging those discounts. Happy shopping!