November 15, 201211/15/12 0 comments
Head east after work/class tomorrow to experience one of the most popular events in the Historic East Village - Holiday Promenade. The event cherished by many features boutique shopping, caroling, free horse drawn hay rack rides and store events from 5 – 9 p.m.
Here are all the details from the Historic East Village site:
Stop by info tables at Brenton Skating Plaza, LifeServe Blood Center and the State Historical Building to pick you your window contest ballot, holiday shopping map and enter a drawing to win an East Village getaway.
• Browse the business open houses and get a jump start on your holiday shopping while enjoy the beautifully decorated windows. This year, businesses used the theme “Light up the Holidays!” for their décor
• Ice Skate at Brenton Plaza and watch the tree lighting at 6:20 p.m.
• Enjoy the Chili for Charity supper at the State Historical Building. For a $5 donation to the food bank or a toy for Toys for Tots, you’ll enjoy a chili supper.
• Get all of your holiday gifts wrapped at the State Historical Building for a donation to the I Have a Dream Foundation
• Catch a ride on the horse drawn holiday hay rack ride at East 5th and Walnut and East 3rd and Grand
• Enjoy fun outdoor performances such as tap dancing at the Soho Breezeway at 400 East Locust and carolers strolling the neighborhood
• Visit with Santa from 5-6:45pm at Brenton Plaza and 7-9 p.m. at the State Historical Building
• Enjoy live ballet performances at LifeServe Blood Center at 6 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• Grab dinner or cocktails at one of the neighborhood’s diverse restaurants and bars before heading home
As always, the East Village Holiday Promenade truly offers something for everyone, so head east tomorrow!