March 9, 20123/9/12 0 comments
The Global Health department has received information about an upcoming medical service opportunity in Honduras. The trip is a partnership with Grinnell Global Brigades, and the exact community served will be determined by in-country Global Brigades staff. Global Brigades‘ purpose is to provide rural communities with sustainable solutions under a holistic service model in order to improve health, water, sanitation and economic infrastructures. The Honduras group will focus on the medical and dental needs of the community visited and will set up a mobile clinic to diagnose and treat patients (up to 900) for the week. The cost is $1,700.
- May 20: Depart Iowa, connect to flight in Atlanta, GA.
- May 21: Arrive in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
- May 22: Tour local orphanage, prepare medications and clinic.
- May 23-25: See patients, distribute medications, hold general health education workshops.
- May 26: Pilot brigade with chapter from another institution.
- May 27: Depart Honduras and arrive in Iowa.