March 29, 20123/29/12 0 comments
Spring officially started last week even though we’ve been feeling it for a while now with this unseasonable weather! With it has come another slew of walks and runs to take part in this season. Here are just a few for the month of April…
- April 14, DMU is the host site of the annual AIDS Project’s 5k walk/run.
- April 21 is a 5k for 5 charities that help victims of violence.
- April 22 is Earth Day in the Junction 5k run/walk. Register and get organic cotton t-shirt and reusable water bottle at the finish line.
- April 24, participate in the Grand Blue Mile challenge in Downtown Des Moines.
- April 28, walk to find a cure for childhood cancer.
Hitting the pavement for the first time this spring? Get some great tips on how to prevent running injuries by watching this presentation from Shane McClinton, D.P.T. from our Athletic Power Hour series.