Spring cleaning and buying

April 11, 2011 —

Garage sales offer interesting goodies!

Got some stuff to get rid of this season? I found this amazing blog that lists where your goods can go, for the good of someone else.

My favorite places are usually the Salvation Army or a local place I volunteer at, the Catholic Worker House, depending on the stuff I’m getting rid of. There are some other great places out there willing to re-home your goodies.

And if you’re looking to buy used items from a local shop, try Google-searching for terms like “antique,” “consignment shops,” “vintage” or “estate sale.” I know I can personally spend hours at a time gazing at all the cool stuff found in these shops. Yelp is a useful starting point, too. This website allows you to search in a particular neighborhood and review other people’s ratings on a particular store.

What was your greatest find from a consignment shop?

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.