March 28, 20113/28/11 2 comments
- April 2, DMU is the host site of the annual AIDS Project’s 5k walk/run. Be warned, it’s hilly!
- April 2, this isn’t a run/walk but sounds fun… Couture for a Cause is a fashion show for Children’s Cancer Connection.
- April 16 is a 5k for 5 charities that help victims of violence.
- May 7 is the March of Dimes walk for babies in West Des Moines.
- May 7, My Angel Foundation has a 5k and 10k in Waukee. This group is raising awareness of the importance of organ donation.
- May 14, walk to raise money in the fight against childhood cancer.
- May 14 is the ChildServe 5k or 1 mile walk/run to raise money for organization which helps kids with special health needs.
- May 14 (this must be a popular date!) is also the arthritis walk at Gray’s Lake Park.
And, of course, as you break outta the gym for the sidewalks & streets, be careful! Check our our Power Hour Series for preventing injuries!