Friday recipe: easy pizza at home

January 14, 2011 —

It’s Friday night. We’re all exhausted and nobody wants to cook. So here’s one of my go-to dinner recipes.

Courtney’s quick pizza

Pre-made pizza crust OR pita bread
Pesto sauce from a jar OR olive oil
Tomatoes
Mozzarella
Seasonings to taste

Throw the crust in the oven (use temperature on crust package) to warm a few minutes. Spread olive oil or pesto on top, sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Spread thinly sliced tomato slices, top with cheese. Let bake until top is lightly browned.

It’s SO easy and delicious. I add lots of basil when that’s in season. Feel free to add other toppings as you so desire but recognize the simplicity is part of what makes it so yummy!

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• Justin Scherff

This is a post for the DMU contest, looking forward to a free t-shirt to wear while I enjoy Courtney’s delicious pizza!

• http://www.redlandswebdesign.com Web Design Redlands

Awesome post. I have always been intimidated by the idea of homemade pizza, seems like a big mountain to climb. I am not really a cook, but have been enjoying it more and more and this recipe seems like an awesome first step to take towards the world of making homemade pizza! thanks so much!

• http://twitter.com/ChiroBroomfield Chiropractor

I used to do something like this with a frozen 4 cheese pizza and hamburger, or chicken. This sounds really good. I think my kids can help make it, too – it will be fun!

• Makehim

I’m pretty useless when it comes to cooking but this was really straight forward. I can actually cook something that tastes nice lol.

Thank you!

• Makehim

Thank you!