Perfect household temp – a myth?

October 27, 2010 —

Clutch a warm cuppa!

The wind has been crazy in Iowa the last few days. Leaves are swirling around & I’m ready for a cozy blanket & warm fireplace! Unfortunately, for me, I’m ALWAYS cold. So when the weather turns nippy, I look for the nearest spot to hibernate. To add insult to injury, my husband is always warm. (God bless the person who invented dual temp controls in the car!) And so, no matter how I beg or stick my frozen feet on him, my husband has STILL not relented and turned on the heat this year.

I know we’re not the only ones who play the thermostat game, so share your tips on how you keep your household the perfect temp. Or, if that’s a myth, how do you stay warm?

Local reporter Brianne Sanchez tackled the topic in today’s paper with the help of some experts, including DMU’s own Dr. Julia Moffitt. Check it out here.

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• http://k1visaexperts.com asaborio

My wife and I are the same. The way we keep the perfect temp is by using the overhead fan and blankets. She throws on a few blankets and I use the overhead fan to keep myself cool. It works out pretty good. Same for the rest of the house. A little overhead breeze is just right for me and my wife uses blankets and thicker clothes.

• http://k1visaexperts.com asaborio