And so it begins….

June 9, 2010 —

I started my first official day of clinical rotations yesterday. I had been told all sorts of stories of how other people’s first days had went and so was not sure what to expect. Nerves were running high as I tried to sleep on Sunday night and while I was preparing for the day on Monday….I think its just natural to be nervous your first day.

Luckily, I have a great doctor to work with and the day went as smooth as could be. I love learning hands-on or being able to watch others do it. So I feel as though my knowledge and application of that knowledge will expand 10-fold this year. I am excited to see how much I grow in my abilities as a health care practitioner.

I know this post was short but I will keep you updated as time goes on. Watch for my update coming soon about the physician assistant national conference I attended in Atlanta, GA recently!

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.