It’s nice to win things now and again…

May 17, 2010 —

Daley & Jo Kelly, PA program director.

I should preface this blog letting you all know that I may officially have the worst luck at winning things of anyone I know. I tell myself it’s because I love telling stories and it gives me great stories to tell. So it’s a rare day when something overwhelmingly great happens to me and honestly it may be the only time I am speechless.

Well on May 6 I had one of these great experiences. I was awarded a scholarship by the American Academy of Physician Assistant Foundation committee. I am not sure that my facts are correct but I believe over 200 applicants applied for 77 scholarships and I was lucky enough to be one of those  chosen to be honored. It’s definitely not because I am an amazingly awesome person but because they saw something on my scholarship worth honoring and I feel beyond blessed that they did.

So I would like to thank the AAPA for the generous gift. I am not one to really want everyone to know I was rewarded with something but was asked to share it on my blog, so here ya go.

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.