April 12, 20104/12/10 0 comments
If you are pre-med, or considering a career in health care and would like to learn more about podiatric medicine, check out our Summer Podiatry Preview program, June 24-25!
We are accepting applications from students right now, and the deadline is May 3. To apply, you need to submit the online application, send in copies of your transcripts and one letter of recommendation. This helps give us a better idea of who to select for the program, and also helps you prepare for the real application process in the future!
We will choose 6 students for the 2010 program. Your travel cost to Des Moines, hotel room and meals will all be paid for by DMU for those chosen. The program includes two full days of activities including:
- Lab demonstrations in anatomy, simulation lab, suturing, etc.
- Discussions with the dean, faculty and current D.P.M. students
- A tour of the DMU Foot and Ankle Institute and shadowing a D.P.M. student
- Admission overview – preparing to apply
- Campus tour
- Des Moines activities – Iowa Cubs game and the Des Moines Art Festival