Daley has been MIA!

April 29, 2010 —

Is anyone even checking my blog anymore? Probably not. Sorry I have not been writing lately… life has kind of been consuming. Believe it or not school actually hasn’t been the consuming part but just life.

It’s nearing the end of things here at DMU and my inability to comprehend leaving my friends has made me want to spend every waking moment with them. You would think we would get sick of each other being together every day for 8 hours but it seems that’s not the case. I leave class and within 30 minutes am calling one of my classmates wanting to hang out or just spend time before we are all separated all over the country. It’s kind of a strange thing. You show up as a group of strangers starting down a crazy intense road. Over the year you learn together, stress out together, laugh together and become a family. Its cliché, but its like one big family over here in the PA wing.

My classmates are the ones who have helped me get through classes I never thought possible, listened when I was stressed to the max and just plain made my year. I know this is all sappy but it’s the truth and I have been thinking a ton about it lately with the end creeping up rather fast. We currently only have 18 days of class left….CRAZY…it felt like we just started yesterday.

Anyways, all that to say sorry I have been MIA but I have been spending my time trying to have fun with my friends with the small amount of time we have left. I promise (okay, let’s just go with hope) to update on other things of my life soon.

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.
  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Seth-Stevenson/38200678 Seth Stevenson

Welcome back!

• Machelle

Yes, I check your blog regularly. But I’m confused. I thought you worked @ DMU instead of attending classes there. Is there more than one person blogging on this site? Your picture looks very different from the picture of the gal with the short fluffy hair do!

• http://www.dmu.edu/blog Courtney

Hi Machelle!
    Yes, there are many authors on the blog. If you’re reading the posts via email you may not be able to tell that. When you read it on the website we all have a byline. You are probably thinking of me, Courtney, as I do work here, post often & have short hair. Daley is one of our awesome student posters but it’s been a month or so since she’s been able to post!
    Sorry for the confusion!

• http://jabberstream.com/ Social Media Optimization Company

This is my first time in your blog and found it really interesting. It’s really a great experience hanging out with real friends. And it’s truly hard to think that there will come a point that you need to go separate roads. Anyway, enjoy and savor the rest of time!

• http://www.quality-web-programming.com web programming

Hi Daley! good to hear from you after a long time.Well as the saying goes- departure is always painful.It is always heartbreaking to depart from friends.Your post has made me nostalgic.Reminded me of my old pals too.Have fun Daley.Make use of the time you have in hand with your friends to the fullest and ya keep us updated too.Would like to hear from you more often.