Will you paint the town green?

March 15, 2010 —

Some people always party for St. Patrick’s day. Some people ignore it.

Even though I have the Irish blood (in case my red hair & freckles didn’t tip you off..) I don’t generally do much for it. Our family tradition is a bit random but fun – my mom always makes chocolate cake for breakfast so I may have to slip over there in the morning before work.

Anyway, if you’re the type that loves to have a lil green fun, check out the huge Des Moines St. Patty’s parade or  hit up one of the tent parties! Here’s a full guide to all the green goodness.

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.

• http://www.webguru-india.com/webdesign.php Website design

Wish you a very happy St.Patrick’s Day! I wasn’t aware of the fact that you were Irish before reading this post.Hope your mom makes chocolate cake this year too.Thanks for giving the link.Will surely check it out.Look forward to hearing from you soon again.