How many ingredients in your salad?

February 11, 2010 —

It’s like people know I was on a diet this month. I mean, I don’t think I’ve seen more treats thrown at me more than during this time when I’m trying to cut back on sweets. And unfortunately, it’s true, I am weak! If I see it, then I must eat it. And so today, I decided to make a salad but I think I went a little overboard.

Take a look at my salad. How many ingredients do you think I was able to cram in my little bowl? Interestingly enough, some of the ingredients I would probably not eat by itself or in any other form (like olives). I guess the secret is to have lots-o-stuff to make the salad more interesting to eat and so I would eat it more often.

Here were the party members in today’s salad:
1.       Romaine lettuce
2.       Spinach
3.       Green bell pepper
4.       Red bell pepper
5.       Hot pepperoncinis
6.       Black beans
7.       Sliced olives
8.       Red onions
9.       Red cabbage
10.   And special guest appearance, Kraft Greek Vinaigrette with Feta Cheese & Oregano salad dressing

Talk about a party in my bowl! (I’m also having a side of avocado dip bought from Costco. It’s heavenly.)

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.

• Machelle

Looks good to me! I like dried cranberries & slivered/sliced almonds in my salad. Not too many…a little goes a long way! And chopped up boiled egg.

• http://www.quality-web-solutions.com/website-design-india.php website design company

Well the picture is too small for me to make a comment.But you sure have many ingredients to spice up your salad.I am very fond of salads and keep trying out new recipes.Thanks for this one.Will try this one out this weekend.Look forward to more such recipes.