Dump your plump? Yes!

February 4, 2010 —

This is me stuffing my face with last minute chocolate and candy before I stepped on the scale for the first time!

Many of you may know about the Dump Your Plump program going on here at DMU. Dump Your Plump is a 10-week team wellness challenge amongst the faculty, staff and students here. Teams have 4-10 people and are in essence competing for health. There will be participants trying to maintain their weight and others that are trying to lose some. All participants are required to work out 5 times a week for 30 minutes at minimum so it looks like the Wellness Center is going to be packed!

Well folks, I am taking up the challenge and trying to dump my plump. I am actually not focusing on the weight loss part but am hoping by working out on a continual basis the weight will come off and just be an added bonus.

Let’s just say…I don’t really enjoy working out all the much and probably enjoy sweets a lot too much so this is going to be a big challenge for me. But my team is awesome and I know they will be dragging me to the gym….even if I am kicking and screaming (which is a highly likely). My hopes are that at the end of these 10 weeks my body will crave to work out and my behaviors/attitude towards working out will have changed.

So here’s to making one healthy decision at a time in hopes to impact my health in positive ways. Good luck to all of you who are participating and I’ll keep you all updated on how the dumping is going!

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.
  • http://weight-loss-abc.blogspot.com Jenny

hah, great photo Daley Dodd ;)

How’s the challenge so far? Is the Dump Your Plump program really works? Let us update on this, really interesting to hear your results!

J.

• AZ Weight Loss

LOL…Great post…”dump my plump” that is a great way to say git off your rear and loose some inches, working-out is never fun or easy, this is why most people are plump… keep up the hard work, it gets easier as you go.