A day in the life of Daley

February 9, 2010 —

I am sure you are all dying to know every detail of my life….so I figured I would fulfill all your hopes and dreams.

Most of you probably have no idea what our schedule looks like here at school considering we rarely come out of our little nook in the Academic Center. However I am going to give you a rundown of what my personal life looks like as a physician assistant student. Granted, everyone is completely different but for the most part this is a good idea of what life looks like for most of us. Things have changed throughout the year and depending on what classes we are taking the load is much different.

Right now my week looks like this:
Monday through Friday we have class from 8 a.m. to 50 p.m. with an hour lunch break. Rarely, we get out early but when we do it’s like Christmas (a little present each time). There are other times we have SPAL or simulation labs and things will look a bit different. For the most part I will take an hour break each night to grab dinner, work out, or do something to try to stay sane. I usually study 4-5 hours a night depending on what test we have that week. I will say this second semester I have found more time to hang out and watch pointless TV that seems to make me happy (Grey’s, Idol, Project Runway, etc).

I do attend Bible studies each Monday for 2 hours, teach hip hop class on Wednesday for an hour and nearly always take Friday nights off to do something fun and relaxing. I will say the schedule was much different during anatomy, physiology and pharmacology classes when I normally always studied on Friday nights. I just came to a point where I realized how beneficial it was to take a few times a week to enjoy myself and for me that is Friday nights.

Saturdays and Sundays are my make-up days. I usually study ALL day, like 8-10 hours. YES, you’re right, that’s insane. I typically study from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and have church Saturday nights. Sundays I study from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (with intermittent breaks throughout the day). Granted, this is not the same for all students but is what my schedule looks like. So we are busy people, to say the least.

Now that I have fulfilled your dreams of knowing every detail of my life (haha) I will leave you with a picture of me and two of my classmates doing what we do best….studying! But don’t worry we do it in style at the local coffee shops while filling ourselves with caffeine!

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.
  • http://www.liftchairguide.net SteveH

I know what you mean about how getting out early can seem like a big treat. Right when I got out of school, I worked at an inbound call center selling hotel reservations. It was easy work and the pay was good, but it was pretty boring and repetitive. Also, I usually worked the evening shift, which was 3pm-11pm, as this gave me more time during the day. Every so often they would let people go home early, but it was kind of like a lottery in that you had to sign up and then they did it in the order you signed up. So, even though it meant loosing some pay, it was always like a present to get to go home early, especially since early meant between 8pm and 10pm…

• http://www.webguru-india.com/webdesign.php Website Design

Thanks for sharing the details.It definitely sounds exciting but at the same time hectic too.The best thing about this post is that you have written it in a cool manner without sounding boring.Good luck.Look forward to hearing from you soon again.