I’m a professional, stand back!

January 25, 2010 —

I can actually say that now considering I am certified in ACLS (advanced cardiac life support)! Yeah, I’m a pretty big deal…ha ha.

I have always had this horrible fear I would be out in public somewhere and a person would go down, not breathing and I would have to jump into help…knowing full well I would freak out. I could just see it….someone goes down, I’m with my parents and my mom (being so proud of me) yells that I am a medical professional thinking I know what I am doing. When I on the other hand am thinking in my head, “RUN as far away as possible.”

But now that I know how to help I am fearless! I am officially a professional (or at least certified…but professional just sounds better) to hopefully save someone’s in cardiac distress.

I have these skills because our PA class went to a two-day course at Mercy Medical Center to be trained and certified in ACLS. Before we went, I was nervous I would never catch on. But the program is set up really nice and the instructors did a great job and believe it or not…I PASSED! The pretend man still died during my simulation (not because I sucked but because he was supposed to) but all is well because I learned a ton of information.Now I am just one step closer to saving lives, people! Watch out, I am moving on up in this world!

Photo: a few of my classmates at the training.

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.

• http://www.quality-web-programming.com/ecommerce-solutions.php E-Commerce Solutions

Always love reading your posts.You have an amazing style of writing Daley.Congrats on being certified..oops sorry i mean professional (as that’s what you like being called).It’s very important to get a grip on what’s being taught in a subject which one is specializing in and therefore glad to know you understood whatever was being taught at Mercy Medical Center and also passed! All the best for your future endeavors.

• nick

Way to go on your ACLS certification!! Great smile by the way lol;)
    http://www.aclscertification.com