Can you feel the love tonight?

January 24, 2010 —

I can, I can!!!!!!! So last Friday, the 15th, was a great day for me. My lovely parents came up to Des Moines for a fun-filled night with their precious daughter…ME.

First we headed to dinner at Flying Mango. If you haven’t eaten at this little hidden treasure….DO IT! Seriously, it’s delicious. There are great seafood dishes, brisket, pastas, etc. It may just be my new favorite place in the good ol’ Des Moines.

Then we headed to the amazing production of the Lion King. I honestly don’t even have words to describe how stinking good the show was. For those of you that have seen it…you understand how indescribable it is. For those of you who haven’t seen it, well you are missing out because it rocked my little world. Which honestly, is not that hard since I am like a 2-year-old trapped in a 26-year-old body (I know I am way older than I look…boo). I was like a little kid on Christmas ooing and awing over every little thing and squirming in my seat because I was just too excited. I love when I get a night off and it ends up being so darn good. So thank you Lion King for making my month!

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.

• http://www.kellieolson.smugmug.com/ Kelli Olson (DMU employee)

Daley – even my husband loved the Lion King! Of course, if his parents hadn’t purchased the tickets and we weren’t with his niece and nephew, I don’t know if I ever could have gotten him to go, but he talks about how amazing it was too! He even convienced a co-worker of his to take her grand daughter (who LOVED it of course!). It is hands down an amazing show, whether you like musicals or not. We saw it in an old-newly renovated theater in Minneapolis, which was really neat, the atmosphere was just incredible. Glad you got to enjoy it too!