Best careers for 2010

January 5, 2010 —

There’s never been a better time to start a career in health care! U.S. News and World Report ranks physical therapists and physician assistants as two of the best careers in 2010.

Physical therapists typically work in a hospital, clinic or private practice and work with a variety of patients. Employment is expected to increase by 30% in the next 10 years.

Physician assistants can work in primary care or specialize in areas such as surgery or geriatrics. Employment is predicted to increase by 39% in the next 10 years.

Learn more about the 3-year Doctor of Physical Therapy program and 2-year Physician Assistant program at Des Moines University. The application deadline for the physician assistant class starting in the summer of 2010 has passed, but the D.P.T. program application deadline is January 15  for fall of 2010!

• http://www.quality-web-solutions.com/graphic-design.php Web Graphic Design

That’s nice to hear.Going by the statistics,i think this is certainly a very good option and worth considering.Thanks for all the program updates.Do keep me updated with more such news.

• mdhsafi

When you are taking about physical therapists I have often heard of the term Alexander Technique. What exactly does this refer to? msafi@msafi.com

• Lindsay Dean

I am not familiar with the Alexander technique. This is not something that is currently being taught at DMU. I did a quick google search and I understand that it is a certain type of exercise technique. Currently we are being taught: Mulligan, McKenzie, Feldenkrais and Pilates as far as specific exercise techniques.