OMG, Santa is real!

December 9, 2009 —

Ok, maybe not so much but my prayers have been answered and I am Kindle-ing! Best gift ever!

Any recommendations on books I should read? I like humor, nonfiction and medically-related stories like Oliver Sacks stuff. On my queue is David Sedaris “Me Talk Pretty.” I’m also trying to catch up on oldies but goodies like “Da Vinci Code” and currently I’m reading “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time” by Mark Haddon.

Such a perfect day to curl up in a blanket and read on my Kindle. Take advantage of the snow day and stay safe.

Side note: Check weather road conditions in Iowa before venturing out!

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.

• http://www.webguru-india.com/webdesign.php Website design

Well even i am planning to read some good horror stories…would like to know how the Mark Haddon book was..nice reading your post.Merry Christmas in advance.

• Tea

I just finished the Mark Haddon book. It was such an interesting read. The main narrator is an autistic 15 year old who is writing a detective book about finding the person who killed the neighbor dog. As he’s venturing out doing detective work, he finds out some unsettling truths that he has a hard time dealing with; and frankly, others have a hard time dealing with him too.

Thanks for the comment. I am so happy to hear that someone reads my blogs!