Budgeting

December 15, 2009 —

Wow, that is a great looking rolling pin. Guinea pigs not included.

Wow, that is a great looking rolling pin. "Guinea pigs not included.

I don’t know about you, but around this season with sales and massive advertising, I can’t help but want to shop for myself. I was at the Goodwill store yesterday to drop off some donations (I’ve finally said good-bye to the deep fryer) and thought it would be fun to browse through the kitchen stuff. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular considering all the de-cluttering I’ve been trying to do this year. But there it was, staring straight at me, a wooden rolling pin in near perfect condition priced at $0.99. Tell me that isn’t a bargain!

While I roll out some pizza dough or flat bread (recipe to come) with my bargained find, I have the Goodwill store to thank for being in existence. Especially in this spending-season, and in this economy. I’d recommend strolling through the store if you’re looking for some kitchenware.

Did you have any good finds there?

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.