Birthday bonanza, round 2

December 1, 2009 —

Happy Birthday seems to be the most used phrase lately in the PA neck of the woods. Last Monday, November 23, was a very special birthday for one of our PA faculty and once again, we had a good time! Pam Chambers (if you don’t know her…you should because she rocks) turned 50, so of course we had to celebrate.

My class threw together a little surprise party which was a blast. Our cover story was a class potluck that we invited the PA faculty to. The party included more food than imaginable (potluck style, of coarse), birthday cake, ice cream and presents. Each person in my class, plus a few others, brought a gift totaling 50 gifts she had to open. Let’s just say there were some hilarious gifts given and thank goodness Mrs. Chambers was such a trooper. Of course we made her wear anything wearable she got (hence the bright red lips from some smokin’ red lip stick in the picture…don’t worry that’s not her normal color!)

pam bday

Some of the presents were things she actually liked but most were a mockery of age. After all the presents were opened, and the room was a little messy, we wrapped things up with a slide show of the greatest things from 1959. I am pretty sure Mrs. Chambers had a great time and it was fun to celebrate such an important birthday with her.

The birthday bonanza sadly is coming to a close for a while but don’t worry—in one month this old girl turns another year older and I am ready to have myself a good time!!!!