Rent

November 19, 2009 —

rentSo, I don’t have a life most of the time but when I do…boy do I have a good time!

Last Friday I got to see the musical RENT at the Des Moines Civic Center and it was AWESOME. I am not obsessed or anything…I mean this is only just my fourth time seeing it live! ha ha! But it never fails — every time I LOVE IT and then pretend for the next few days to be a musical theater star around my house. I dance my rear off and sing my heart out in my room all by myself. Trust me, I would never have a chance to be a star, singing, let’s just say, is not my forte. But hey, that’s why I pay money to see people who are actually good.

If you get the chance to see it, you should. I have attached a picture of me and some of my friends (also my classmates) at the production.

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.