Like a Charlie-horse to my brain!

November 4, 2009 —

Medical school has a way of strengthening one side of the brain (the logical side). However, if you manifest this strength in physical terms, having a huge right arm for example, you’re going to be lopsided, which is how my brain currently feels. The creative side of my brain, the left arm, is slowly cramping up because I haven’t exercised it in such a long while. So if you don’t use it you’ll lose it…or it’ll cramp up like a Charlie-horse and you’ll be totally unbalanced. (I get kind of loopy and lose focus in everything).

This yearning feeling of emptiness, or rather lopsidedness, is going to eat away at me. Like a car with only three wheels, I can’t really get to where I need to go successfully if I’m not evenly balanced on both sides.

So if you find yourself losing sight from too much studying, maybe it’s time for a break to do something else. My something else is picking up an art class, reading a good book, writing, and eating. (Yes, take a snack break!)

What is your something else?

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.
  • http://www.quality-web-solutions.com/website-design-india.php website design company

Thanks for the post.You’ve used quite a few funny words and that in turn has enhanced your post.Yeah you are right…taking a break is the correct option.I do it to..and it does help you.