I am of the opinion that you can’t go wrong with cheesy potatoes, so when I found this recipe for a “heart-healthy” version I had to share it! Reduced-fat and low-sodium ingredients keep this recipe healthy without sacrificing flavor. Check out Heart Healthy Living for more great recipes.
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion or 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 30- or 32-ounce package frozen shredded or diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes or crushed wheat cereal flakes
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
In a very large bowl, combine soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, onion and pepper.
Stir in potatoes.
Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through and bubbly.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.