White coat makes us official!

October 6, 2009 —

That’s right, the PA class of 2011 is OFFICIAL! Well I don’t know how official a white coat really makes me at this point in my education…  but it for sure makes me feel like I could rule the world.

Fall Break 020

Fall Break 024A few weeks ago all the new students in clinical programs at DMU donned our white coats. I am pretty sure there were 300 hundred or so of us.

Many of us were excited to get our white coats but not excited to sit in a ceremony for 3 hours the week before 3 tests. However, to our surprise the ceremony went way quicker than guessed and was a really nice event. The people who planned it did a great job, the speakers were good and it was just nice to feel important for one day.

It was fun to meet my classmate’s families and spend time with my own family. It’s always nice when the parents come in to town—guaranteed free lunch and  groceries…woo hoo.  All in all the day was a success and the test the following week went off without a hitch. So watch out world, here we come — with our white coats and all.

Daley Dodd was born and raised in the little ol’ town of Newton, IA. Growing up involved sports, dance, clubs and anything under the sun that could keep the family busy. This busy bee life flowed over into her college years at Northwest Missouri State University. She was a member of the Northwest Dance team, taught dance at a local studio, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC). After college Daley journeyed on over to Europe and had the time of her life. While there she worked for CCC and got to experience new cultures, foods and people. After a year abroad her cravings for American food got the best of her and she came home. After living in Nebraska a year she decided to jump back on the school ship and came to DMU. She has loved her experience here so far and can’t wait for everything to come.