Current reads: Anne Frank’s Diary – The Secret Annex

October 1, 2009 —

Something on TV, not exactly sure what it was, prompted me to get my hands on this book. Knowing my reading pace, I wanted to buy the book instead of borrowing it at a public library. (I still haven’t gotten a public library card here.)

Naturally, I couldn’t get myself to justify buying a leisure book at full price so I headed to a used book store in Clive, IA. I felt so lucky to stumble upon this store called Half Price Books. They have everything from vintage collections of medical books, children’s books, even newly released books, and music on CDs and records. It is such a nostalgic place to be while waiting for my take out dinner from Cool Basil right next door (a must try Thai food restaurant. A bargain during weekday lunch hours).

If you’ve read this book and have enjoyed it, what others books would you recommend? I’m close to finishing this (don’t tell me the ending!) and will be looking for other fun reads.

Tea Nguyen is a dual degree D.P.M./M.P.H. student at DMU. She was born in Utah but raised in California and left the great state to be at one of the best podiatry school in the country.

She has aspirations in international medical service trips and hopes to hit several continents during this lifetime. Traveling is also on the top of her to-do list and she often reminisces about her prior travels to Italy, France and Greece. She also enjoys eating adventures with her boyfriend Paul and is a major food-snacker. It is not uncommon to find her lapsed in a food coma in the middle of her studies.