Cheap night out for the family!

October 6, 2009 —

A couple specials caught my eye today and they’re both for this Thursday. Combine ‘em for a nice family night out for decently cheap!

Hy-Vee is having an all-you-can-eat-for-$1 chili dinner Thursday, 4-7 p.m. This is at all Des Moines-area stores. Also, if you have picky eaters in your bunch, they will also have hot dogs, grilled cheese and chili dogs for sale.

Follow up your dinner with some live entertainment! The Des Moines Playhouse is debuting a run of Ramona Quimby Oct.  9-Nov. 1. You can catch the preview show Thursday at 7 p.m. You can get $5 tickets for all ages. The catch is those tickets don’t go on sale until 5 p.m. Thursday at the ticket office. I remember reading Ramona Quimby books and sharing them with my siblings. I’m sure this will be a cute show!

Let me know if you go!

Courtney Tompkins has been part of the DMU marketing team since Nov. 2005 and loves promoting a school she believes in so thoroughly. Proud daughter and patient of DMU alumni, Courtney knows, first-hand, that Des Moines University is doing a world of good. A fan of all outdoor festivals, fruity drinks and nearly all edibles, she has a hard time narrowing down her list of favorite places to go and things to do but lists the Iowa State Fair as an all-time fave. She loves her 8-minute commute to DMU from Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines. She and husband Tyler are owned by three large dogs, Tonka, Tucker and Tank.